Get energy price certainty until June 2022 and a bonus rate decrease each July—guaranteed!*
Have confidence that your energy price won’t go up, but will actually go DOWN.
Lock in great low rates until June 2022.
Watch your rate decrease every July.
An easy set-and-forget plan—be rewarded with ongoing savings.
- Plan is only available to ACT residential customers.
- Plan is only available to customers with electricity or both electricity and natural gas supplied to their premises.
- The benefit period commences from when a customer accepts the plan or from when their account commences with ActewAGL if ActewAGL is not the current energy retailer. Plan will end 30 June 2022. Customers will be billed at energy charge rates published in the Certain Saver pricing brochure.
- If a customer has controlled load supply, this usage will be billed at the standard price published in the Certain Saver pricing brochure. Controlled load pricing is subject to change during the benefit period and the customer will be notified before any price change.
- Plan is available to customers with a compatible electricity meter. If the property does not already have a compatible meter ActewAGL will organise for the installation of a compatible meter within six months of the plan commencement date unless additional electrical work is required. Where additional electrical work is required ActewAGL will not install the new meter and the customer may remain on the plan.
- Plan does not apply to any miscellaneous ActewAGL charges, Greenchoice products or any government taxes, fees, charges or levies.
- Plan is not available in conjunction with any other plans, offers or discounts.
- An ACT Small Generator Buyback rate of 8.0c/kWh applies to this market contract. By accepting this plan, customers on the Solar 1 for 1 scheme accept they will receive 8.0c/kWh for solar feed-in.
- Following acceptance of the plan all relevant information including pricing, terms and conditions, a single written disclosure statement and a cooling-off notice will be supplied to the customer.
- Customers can cancel their agreement anytime by notifying ActewAGL in writing at ActewAGL Retail, 40 Bunda Street, Canberra ACT, 2600 or by calling 13 14 93.
- Customers have a right to a Standard Retail Contract with the designated retailer for their area.
- Customers can raise disputes with ActewAGL. If the customer is unhappy with the resolution provided, a dispute can be raised with the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal by calling 02 6207 7740.
- ActewAGL will contact customers before the Energy Plan End date about a new benefit period. The contract may be continued if a customer does not contact ActewAGL by the expiry of the Energy Plan End Date.
- If a customer is presently with another retailer, ActewAGL will become their retailer for electricity after the next meter read which may take up to four months.