We understand the vital role energy plays in your everyday life and are here to reassure the Canberra region that we’ll keep the lights on. We have a big responsibility to you, our customers and community.
Although no one could have expected what this year would bring, we are prepared and committed to supporting our customers, now, through and beyond these trying times. In this time of uncertainty, you can continue to rely on us.
During the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we're monitoring the situation very closely to reassess and optimise our response. We're carrying out the necessary planning and preparation to ensure safe and reliable operations, as well as our broader responsibility to minimise the rate of infection in the community.
Core to our commitment is the support options we’re providing to every residential and small business customer who reaches out for assistance to pay their bill.
ActewAGL supports customers facing financial difficulties every day, and this won’t change. Here are just some of the ways we can be there for you.
- Offering options of payment extensions and flexible payment arrangements.
- Ensuring energy supply remains connected for customers facing financial stress as a result of COVID-19.
- Pausing late payment fees and default listings for customers experiencing financial stress.
- Giving advice on eligibility for concessions and rebates.
- Providing access to our financial hardship program, Staying Connected. Through the program, you’ll receive personalised support from our dedicated hardship team.
- Encouraging you to set up EvenPay direct debit, which splits the cost of your annual energy bills into set, smaller fortnightly or monthly payments, making bills more manageable and predictable.
- Checking that you're on the best energy plan for you.
- Providing practical energy saving tips and advice.
We're aware of the impacts to income that our business customers may experience due to the impacts of COVID-19. The same measures we have in place for residential customers are also available for small business customers.
In this time of financial uncertainty, we’ve temporarily extended our Staying Connected program to include small businesses (usage under 100MWh) affected by COVID-19.
In addition, we’ve also waived disconnection and reconnection fees for small businesses that have been forced to temporarily close.
ACT Government support
The ACT Government offers various rebates to support the local community. Read more.
Our focus and commitment remains, to be there for our customers and community when you need it most. In addition to financial support, we’re also meeting our responsibilities with the following.
- Maintaining ActewAGL’s existing priority service to customers on life support.
- Making your move simple. If you’ve already booked a move, don’t worry. We're not anticipating any delays and you should be connected on your move in date as planned.
This unusual situation isn’t easy for any of us. Our employees continue to show resilience and patience in what have been challenging circumstances. We’ve taken all immediate steps across our sites to ensure the health, safety and wellness of our people, as well as our community with many of our employees working from home.
Through unpredictable challenges, know that ActewAGL is here for you. Our renowned, real-time customer service remains constant and our local team are available to provide expert energy advice and seamless support.
- Manage your energy account online anytime at My.ActewAGL
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 13 14 93
- Contact us on Facebook
- Moving? Get set up in a few minutes at My.ActewAGL
To protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers, our Energy Bar is temporarily closed.
Please take care and stay safe. For the latest advice on the COVID-19 pandemic, visit these trusted sources.
Events like the COVID-19 pandemic affect everyone differently and it’s reasonable to feel stressed or uncertain. If you’d like to talk to someone, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.