Things you need to know
The ActewAGL Power Move plan (“the Plan”) is an Ongoing Market Retail Contract with a benefit period for your electricity and gas.
Your first benefit period will be: A $25.00 credit applied to each quarterly electricity bill and, if applicable, a $25.00 credit applied to each quarterly gas bill for 12 months.
Your first benefit period starts when you accept the Plan or from when your account commences with ActewAGL if ActewAGL is not your current energy retailer.
The Plan is only available to residential customers with electricity or both electricity and natural gas supplied to their premises.
ACT customers will be billed at the energy charge rates published in the ACT schedule of standard contract electricity prices.
NSW customers will be billed at the energy charge rates published in the NSW electricity standard contract pricing schedule.
Customers with gas will be billed at the energy charge rates published in the ACT schedule of standard contract natural gas prices or NSW natural gas standard contract pricing schedule.
If you’re a joint account holder, this Agreement will cover you both.
The Plan does not apply to any miscellaneous ActewAGL charges, Greenchoice products or any government taxes, fees, charges or levies.
The Plan is not available in conjunction with any other plans, offers or discounts.
Under ActewAGL’s Small Generator Buyback Scheme, a solar buyback rate of 8.0c/kWh applies to the Plan.
Following acceptance of the Plan, you will be supplied with information relevant to the Plan including pricing, terms and conditions, a single written disclosure statement, basic plan information document and cancellation and cooling-off notice.
You can cancel your agreement anytime by notifying ActewAGL in writing at ActewAGL Retail, 40 Bunda Street, Canberra ACT, 2600 by calling 13 14 93 or by emailing email@example.com
You have the right to a Standard Retail Contract with the designated retailer for your area that may not include a credit or a discount on your electricity or gas account.
You can raise disputes with ActewAGL. If you’re unhappy with the resolution provided, ACT residents can raise the dispute with the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT) by calling 02 6207 7740. NSW residents can raise the dispute with the Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) by calling 1800 246 545.
ActewAGL will contact you before your energy plan end date about a new benefit period. Your energy agreement may be continued if you do not contact ActewAGL by the expiry of the energy plan.
- ACT residential established site only.
- Business days only. If you’re moving today and need an urgent electricity connection please complete an online request before 1pm. Alternatively, you can call us before 2pm to arrange a connection.
- Electricity supply only.
- Additional fees may apply.
- Resident must ensure there is safe and unhindered access to premises electricity meter.
- If the electricity at the premises is not connected, the resident must switch off the main power switch/switches on the switchboard.
- Follow and implement any other connection instructions provided by ActewAGL.
Situations resulting in ineligibility for same day connection:
- Request to connect to a premises that has not had electricity connected for 12 months or more.
- Request to connect to a premises deemed unsafe by ActewAGL.
- When delays are due to circumstances beyond ActewAGL’s control (for example extreme weather, natural disasters).
- The meter at the premises is not accessible or removed.
- The meter is not in working order, or is non-compliant.
- Wrong address or connection date was provided – or is mistakenly believed that the power was not connected when in fact the power was connected.
- When ActewAGL has requested the disconnection and the reason for the disconnection has not been rectified.
Electricity and natural gas retailer: ActewAGL Retail ABN 46 221 314 841 a partnership of AGL ACT Retail Investments Pty Ltd ABN 53 093 631 586 and Icon Retail Investments Limited ABN 23 074 371 207.