Giving you the power to shine
Sure we’re an energy company, but the real energy in our team comes from our inspired people—and we’re always looking for more with that unique spark. ActewAGL and our predecessors have been based in the heart of nation’s capital for more than 100 years, so we’re truly local. Partnering with the region’s most impactful organisations, and as ActewAGL customers ourselves, we really are all in this together. There are so many reasons to work with us. Here are just a few of the ways we give you the power to shine.
“I was initially attracted to an industry undergoing significant change, while being responsive to the evolving preferences of society...I really enjoy being able to participate in a variety of different projects and the many opportunities to learn based on my interests. It means that every day is different. It’s also great to work with a diverse group of people who bring their own experiences and individual personality to the team.”
“ActewAGL is one of the most reputable companies to work for in the ACT. I like that I get to apply the skills I gained from my engineering degree, while working on industry-leading innovation projects that are changing the energy ecosystem.”
- As a part of our team, you’re encouraged to put forward ideas that support original thinking and innovation.
- Lead by example doing what’s right for our customers, team, communities and the environment.
- Shape the future as we invest in new energy initiatives beyond electricity and gas.
- Our study and professional development programs support you to keep learning.
- We know that great people do great things. That’s why we invest in our team, offering internal mobility, learning and development opportunities and leadership programs.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements that support you be your best at home and at work.
- We offer attractive pay packages, including 15% superannuation.
- You’ll also get income protection insurance, which provides support if you have a long-term injury or illness.
- With our purchase leave scheme, you can adjust your salary to take four weeks extra leave a year.
- We also offer salary sacrifice on novated vehicles, Qantas Club and complying superannuation funds.
- We’re committed to equal employment opportunities, diversity and maintaining high levels of health and safety within our workforce and community.
- Our employee reward schemes recognise excellence and the team members who go above and beyond.
- As part of our organisational culture program we have a variety of activities and social events.
- Make the most of our subsidised gym membership program.
At ActewAGL, we understand that behind every business’ success are the dedicated and skilled people who make it happen. Investing in our people and in the culture of our organisation is a priority for us. We know that great cultures aren't built by just putting ping pong tables in the kitchen. They are built on foundations of agreed behaviours and principles that all employees feel connected to.
We've got plenty of the fun stuff, from social activities with your team to all staff events. But we've also got the important stuff too—a clear understanding and appreciation of how we all like to work and communicate, principles that guide how we collaborate and share knowledge and devoted spaces and time for innovation and creativity.
So join us, be part of our vibrant culture and together we will deliver outcomes for each other and the Canberra community.
At ActewAGL, we’re committed to a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We offer a range of initiatives to support our employees’ experience. The Equity and Diversity Network was formed to ensure every one of our people feels safe and welcome in the workplace.
Our InspireCo. committee work across our Joint Venture to support equality and offer networking and development opportunities. Throughout the year, the committee hosts a range of events to celebrate key diversity and inclusion milestones, such as International Women's Day and other culturally significant events.
Many of our employees are on a flexible working arrangement so they can be their best at work and at home. ActewAGL is an accredited breastfeeding friendly workplace, and have a parent room at each site to support women as they transition back to work from parental leave.
“My flexible working arrangement supports the balance between my home and work life. I have two small children, and when my eldest started primary school last year, it was important to me that I could balance quality time with my family and a rewarding and successful career. And so my flexible working arrangement was born! ActewAGL was supportive of my arrangement from the very beginning. I’ve been blown away by the support I’ve had from all levels – from the CEO, General Manager and my team.”
Group Manager – Retail Commercial Services
- A deep belief in who we are, what we do and a genuine commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Dedication to our goals and excellence in everything you do.
- Authentic openness for all possibilities and new ideas, learning and sharing.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork that builds strong relationships, creates genuine, inspiring collaboration, trust and respect.
- An open mind for new ways of working, a commitment to responding quickly and positively to changes or new opportunities.
- Commitment to doing the right thing, always.