Giving you the power to shine
Sure we’re an energy company, but the real energy in our team comes from our people. As one of the largest employers in the Canberra region, we offer benefits, support and balance that few others can, and we’re always looking for more people with that unique spark. ActewAGL has opportunities you might not expect—whether you’re pursuing a career in engineering, HR, finance or sales, we can give you the chance to be your best and do what you love. There are so many reasons to work with us. Here are just a few of the ways we give you the power to shine.
“I was initially attracted to an industry undergoing significant change, while being responsive to the evolving preferences of society...I really enjoy being able to participate in a variety of different projects and the many opportunities to learn based on my interests. It means that every day is different. It’s also great to work with a diverse group of people who bring their own experiences and individual personality to the team.”
“ActewAGL is one of the most reputable companies to work for in the ACT. I like that I get to apply the skills I gained from my engineering degree, while working on industry-leading innovation projects that are changing the energy ecosystem.”
- As a part of our team, you’re encouraged to put forward ideas that support original thinking and innovation.
- Lead by example doing what’s right for our customers, team, communities and the environment.
- Shape the future as we invest in new energy initiatives beyond electricity and gas.
- Our study and professional development programs support you to keep learning.
- We know that great people do great things. That’s why we invest in our team, offering internal mobility, learning and development opportunities and leadership programs.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements that support you be your best at home and at work.
- We offer attractive pay packages, including 15% superannuation.
- You’ll also get income protection insurance, which provides support if you have a long-term injury or illness.
- With our purchase leave scheme, you can adjust your salary to take four weeks extra leave a year.
- We also offer salary sacrifice on novated vehicles, Qantas Club and complying superannuation funds.
- We’re committed to equal employment opportunities, diversity and maintaining high levels of health and safety within our workforce and community.
- Our employee reward schemes recognise excellence and the team members who go above and beyond.
- As part of our organisational culture program we have a variety of activities and social events.
- Make the most of our subsidised gym membership program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where everyone is empowered to achieve their full potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We offer a range of initiatives to support your employee experience. Our Equity and Diversity Network, known as Thrive, aims to ensure every one of our people feels safe and welcome in the workplace
Many of our people are on a flexible working arrangement so you can be your best at work and at home. ActewAGL is an accredited breastfeeding friendly workplace, and each site has a parent room to support women as they transition back to work from parental leave.
“My flexible working arrangement supports the balance between my home and work life. I have two small children, and when my eldest started primary school last year, it was important to me that I could balance quality time with my family and a rewarding and successful career. And so my flexible working arrangement was born! ActewAGL was supportive of my arrangement from the very beginning. I’ve been blown away by the support I’ve had from all levels – from the CEO, General Manager and my team.”
Group Manager – Retail Commercial Services
At ActewAGL, we understand that behind every business’ success are the people who make it happen. We invest in our culture so you love coming to work, are challenged and motivated by what you do and the people you work with. We know that great cultures are everyone’s responsibility and are built on foundations of agreed behaviours and principles that all employees feel connected to.
We've got plenty of the fun stuff, from social activities with your team to all employee events. But we've also got the important stuff too—a clear understanding and appreciation of how we all like to work and communicate, principles that guide how we collaborate and share knowledge and devoted spaces and time for innovation and creativity.
So join us—be part of our vibrant culture and together we will deliver excellent outcomes for each other and the Canberra community.
- A deep belief in who we are, what we do and a genuine commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Dedication to our goals and excellence in everything you do.
- Authentic openness for all possibilities and new ideas, learning and sharing.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork that builds strong relationships, creates genuine, inspiring collaboration, trust and respect.
- An open mind for new ways of working, a commitment to responding quickly and positively to changes or new opportunities.
- Commitment to doing the right thing, always.