As Canberra’s local energy retailer we have a big responsibility to the people who live here.
ActewAGL, with our predecessors, has been committed to the capital region for more than 100 years, supporting projects big and small, organisations and events that add value directly back to the local community. Our goal with our partnerships has always been to lend our support to areas with the greatest impact.
Find out more about our community partnership opportunities below.
Community Grants Program
Given the challenging start to 2020, we’re evolving our focus to support organisations impacted by COVID-19. As ActewAGL is run by locals, for locals, we’re committed to lending a hand where we can to support the community groups in our region get back on their feet.
Our new Community Grants Program gives local charities, low-income and not-for-profit organisations the opportunity to apply for funding of up to $10,000 per organisation.
Applications for funding are open from 1–30 June 2020. All proposals will be reviewed based on the guidelines, and if successful, the partnership will start in in early August 2020.
To submit an application for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be located in the ACT or surrounding NSW region
- Be an ActewAGL customer (business or residential)
- Be a local charity, low-income organisation or not-for-profit organisation
- Not be an organisation in direct competition with ActewAGL
- Not be sponsored by or involved with our competitors
- Not be a registered political party
- Not be a sporting club or team
- Not be detrimental to public health or safety
- Have honoured any past agreements
- Have wide community engagement
- Not have an adverse reputation in relation to discrimination or other matters deemed significant
- Be willing to supply relevant information on how the sponsorship funds are to be spent
- Organisation must not undertake activities that are inappropriate or contrary to the law
- Be willing to deliver reports on the use of invested funds and be appropriately accommodating to any reasonable requests made by ActewAGL.
Please ensure your proposal includes:
- How you meet the proposal guidelines
- Detail how your organisation was impacted by COVID-19 and how this partnership will support you to continue operations
- Demonstrate your connection with the capital region community and how this partnership will assist you to engage them
- Identify which of these four focus areas your organisation most aligns with and why:
- Community engagement
- Support of at-risk people.
Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions are open from 1–30 June 2020.
Successful applications will be made at the discretion of ActewAGL’s selection panel based on the proposal guidelines and merit of the application.
No late submissions will be accepted.
ActewAGL has a long history of partnering with organisations playing key roles in our community, including the Salvation Army, the Canberra Innovation Network and our Territory’s most successful professional sporting team, the University of Canberra Capitals.
Once again we’ve partnered with the Salvation Army for their annual Red Shield Appeal. If you would like to assist the Salvation Army to support everyday Australians who are doing it tough, you can donate here.
For more information
To speak to a local energy expert call 13 14 93.